The past couple of months have seen a virtual epidemic of shootings in schools:
- August 24 – a 27-year old man went to an elementary school in Essex, Vermont looking for his ex-girlfriend, a teacher. Unable to find her, he killed the ex-girlfriend’s mother and fatally shot one teacher, wounding another.
- August 30 – inspired by the Columbine massacre, a 19-year old in Hillsborough, North Carolina murdered his father and went to his former high school for a shooting spree that fortunately resulted in no deaths.
- September 13 – a 25-year old man stormed a Montreal college, wounding 19 students and killing one and himself.
- September 17 – three teenagers in Green Bay Wisconsin were arrested for a plan to kill students and themselves at their high school.
- September 27 – a 53-year old man in Platte Canyon, Colorado took six girls hostage, sexually assaulting them and ultimately killing one girl and himself.
- September 29 – a 15-year old boy in rural Wisconsin killed a school principal and himself.
- October 2- a 32-year old man took female students hostage and ultimately killed five young girls and himself.
This cluster cannot adequately be explained by the “copycat” explanation, and there is no consistency here as to age of the shooters. As an astrologer, I look for synchronicity and planetary events, and what these events have in common is the opposition of Saturn to Neptune with the addition of Jupiter in Scorpio.
Earlier this year I wrote on Jupiter in Scorpio:
Scorpio is ruled by Pluto, the god of death, and therefore relishes the journey through the underworld of darkness and emotional baggage. Scorpio seeks power and emotional intensity and Jupiter is the planet of buoyant abundance, so this is an odd combination that expands (Jupiter) the focus on death, secrecy and sexuality, the domains of […]