- Chiron has slowed down to a crawl in preparation for its change of direction on Friday, and its influence will be more powerfully felt. Sensitivity of emotion, physical ailments that mirror inner turmoil – all for the purpose of releasing undigested emotions to free us forever.
- On the 28th, Mercury leaves Libra for Scorpio. Expect all kinds of exchanges of information to intensify and add a touch of drama.
- That Scorpio Mercury forms a sextile to Pluto near midnight on the 28th, assuring that we dive deep to discover what lies beneath every rock and in every cranny. Plus,
- Venus forms a trine to Jupiter the evening of the 28th – when the two benefics combine in harmony, it is a sweet song indeed. As long as we don’t become too self-indulgent, the 28th and 29th ought to bring positive experiences.
- Chiron turns direct on October 30, and now it becomes easier to implement the lessons we have learned under Chiron’s tutelage for the past few months.
- On the 31st the Sun conjoins Ceres in Scorpio – this is no time to hide from your needs. All will be illuminated, so go for it.
- Venus is trine Chiron on the 31st as well, so if any problems come up as a result of #6 they will be easily smoothed over.
- Mercury squares Mars on the evening of November 1st, bringing with it the potential for arguments or at the very least an animated discussion. Mercury is in Scorpio now, and Mars is Scorpio’s ancient ruler; don’t expect to be able to hide from the truth!
Saturn is the planet that says “no” but means “yes”. It exposes problems and places of dissatisfaction. Yet the clarity that it brings can reveal the steps necessary to improve the situation. Traditional astrology focused on the “no” side, calling Saturn “the Greater Malefic,” or biggest bad guy of all the planets. This extremely negative perspective has shifted a bit with modern psychological astrology that recognizes the transformational power of individuals as opposed to the old deterministic model. Still, Saturn in any sign tends to highlight its limits. Its presence in perfectionist Virgo dramatizes the tiniest flaws, which can undermine self-confidence. However, steady progress has been made in places where we’ve worked conscientiously to enhance a current skill set or learn a new one. A key to making the most of this transit is the avoid measuring ourselves against an unreachable standard of perfection, but to make small incremental advances where we can.