- Chiron has slowed down to a crawl in preparation for its change of direction on Friday, and its influence will be more powerfully felt. Sensitivity of emotion, physical ailments that mirror inner turmoil – all for the purpose of releasing undigested emotions to free us forever.
- On the 28th, Mercury leaves Libra for Scorpio. Expect all kinds of exchanges of information to intensify and add a touch of drama.
- That Scorpio Mercury forms a sextile to Pluto near midnight on the 28th, assuring that we dive deep to discover what lies beneath every rock and in every cranny. Plus,
- Venus forms a trine to Jupiter the evening of the 28th – when the two benefics combine in harmony, it is a sweet song indeed. As long as we don’t become too self-indulgent, the 28th and 29th ought to bring positive experiences.
- Chiron turns direct on October 30, and now it becomes easier to implement the lessons we have learned under Chiron’s tutelage for the past few months.
- On the 31st the Sun conjoins Ceres in Scorpio – this is no time to hide from your needs. All will be illuminated, so go for it.
- Venus is trine Chiron on the 31st as well, so if any problems come up as a result of #6 they will be easily smoothed over.
- Mercury squares Mars on the evening of November 1st, bringing with it the potential for arguments or at the very least an animated discussion. Mercury is in Scorpio now, and Mars is Scorpio’s ancient ruler; don’t expect to be able to hide from the truth!
Saturn is the planet that says “no” but means “yes”. It exposes problems and places of dissatisfaction. Yet the clarity that it brings can reveal the steps necessary to improve the situation. Traditional astrology focused on the “no” side, calling Saturn “the Greater Malefic,” or biggest bad guy of all the planets. This extremely negative perspective has shifted a bit with modern psychological astrology that recognizes the transformational power of individuals as opposed to the old deterministic model. Still, Saturn in any sign tends to highlight its limits. Its presence in perfectionist Virgo dramatizes the tiniest flaws, which can undermine self-confidence. However, steady progress has been made in places where we’ve worked conscientiously to enhance a current skill set or learn a new one. A key to making the most of this transit is the avoid measuring ourselves against an unreachable standard of perfection, but to make small incremental advances where we can.
An escalating wave of violence struck Pakistan over the past eleven days is a hint of what I believe we will be seeing over the next few years as Uranus and Pluto begin to align in square formation. This kind of insurgency is gaining a foothold not only in Afghanistan and Iraq, but in Somalia, Pakistan, the Congo, Thailand and, according to Russian news reports, spilling over into central Asia such as Tajikistan. I’ll be writing more about this later, but when Uranus moves into Aries next June the revolutionary (Uranus) rage (Aries) will become even stronger and will result in more extreme measures to contain it (Pluto).
Pakistan has an intense astrological chart, with five planets in Leo and Mars sitting right at the Midheaven of the chart. (There are several charts for Pakistan. Pakistan’s legal independence became official at midnight on August 15, 1947, but it is generally celebrated on August 14th. However, the oath of office to the first Governor General at 9:30 am, making the new government official. We typically use the signing of a constitutional document as the birth time, but in the case of Pakistan a Constitution was not signed until 1956. The independent government of Pakistan therefore began when the oath of office was administered to the new head of that government, August 14, 1947 at 9:30 am.)
I first wrote about Pakistan two years ago when Benazir Bhutto was killed as transiting Pluto formed an exact square to the ascendant and midheaven of the Pakistan chart. At the time, I wrote “This is just the beginning of the crisis in Pakistan that is likely to begin a series of events that will lead us […]