Saturn is the planet that defines limits and creates restrictions and boundaries; it inspires self-doubt and the knowledge that hard work is required in order to achieve our goals. Wherever we find Saturn, there is work to be done (hence the term the Lord of Karma). Saturn has just entered Libra, the sign of beauty, relationships, and those things upon which we place value. Here it is challenging us to confront (Saturn) any romanticized (Libra) ideals that we hold which are not firmly grounded in reality.
Pluto (yes, Pluto is still a planet for astrologers!!) is the Lord of the Underworld of power, darkness, death and rebirth. Pluto rules the kind of transformation that begins at the cellular level, where everything is dismantled and something completely new arises in its place. Pluto entered the sign of Capricorn (the sign that is ruled by Saturn) in January of 2008 and proceeded to destroy the financial and governmental structures (Capricorn) that were weak and lacking a solid foundation.
Just like the four phases of the lunar cycle, in which the Sun and Moon dance from the New Moon (the conjunction) through the first quarter square, to the Full Moon (the opposition or 180 degree angle) and the closing square, planets engage in a similar dance that we call the “synodic” cycle. The cycle of Saturn and Pluto coincides […]
I am on vacation until November 12th and will try to post as internet access permits. Meanwhile I am reposting some interesting articles from the past and since Mars will soon be turning retrograde it’s worth a re-examination.
Yesterday in a reading the subject of Mars came up. This particular client has Mars in Sagittarius, which does not care for anger at all. Mars in Sagittarius wants to leave the scene of the angry situation and head off for a more entertaining adventure. But what really is anger, and how does it come about?
When we think about anger as being rooted in Mars energy, we see that anger is just one way for this energy to be expressed. Anger usually comes about when the other potentialities of Mars are hindered in some way. Mars seeks to set boundaries and establish good defenses, and it is usually when those defenses are violated that we find ourselves feeling angry. When we submerge or mute that angry response in some way, the energy of Mars lingers and is transmuted into rage, which can lead to a host of physical ailments such as headaches, intestinal disorders, etc.
- Chiron has slowed down to a crawl in preparation for its change of direction on Friday, and its influence will be more powerfully felt. Sensitivity of emotion, physical ailments that mirror inner turmoil – all for the purpose of releasing undigested emotions to free us forever.
- On the 28th, Mercury leaves Libra for Scorpio. Expect all kinds of exchanges of information to intensify and add a touch of drama.
- That Scorpio Mercury forms a sextile to Pluto near midnight on the 28th, assuring that we dive deep to discover what lies beneath every rock and in every cranny. Plus,
- Venus forms a trine to Jupiter the evening of the 28th – when the two benefics combine in harmony, it is a sweet song indeed. As long as we don’t become too self-indulgent, the 28th and 29th ought to bring positive experiences.
- Chiron turns direct on October 30, and now it becomes easier to implement the lessons we have learned under Chiron’s tutelage for the past few months.
- On the 31st the Sun conjoins Ceres in Scorpio – this is no time to hide from your needs. All will be illuminated, so go for it.
- Venus is trine Chiron on the 31st as well, so if any problems come up as a result of #6 they will be easily smoothed over.
- Mercury squares Mars on the evening of November 1st, bringing with it the potential for arguments or at the very least an animated discussion. Mercury is in Scorpio now, and Mars is Scorpio’s ancient ruler; don’t expect to be able to hide from the truth!