Dates and times are Eastern time zone; please adjust for your locality. You can also get daily planetary updates on or on the fan page on Facebook.
- Moon enters Sagittarius the morning of the 14th and the Sun is in an energizing square to Uranus. Later in the evening the Sun forms a harmonious sextile to Jupiter. This is a day of exploration and adventure, there will be resistance to routine.
- The Sun is sextile Neptune on Tuesday enhancing intuition and creativity.
- Sagittarius New Moon on the 16th is packed with planetary aspects and will be very energizing for change!
- Moon enters Capricorn just after the New Moon, grounding and balancing the energy and helping us put it to good use.
- Venus trines Mars on the 17th, an excellent day for meetings or negotiations.
- Moon moves into Aquarius on the 19th and we begin to embrace that which is new and different.
- Venus harmonizes with Chiron but is challenged by Uranus on the afternoon of the 19th. Each of us has our own agenda on that day and we feel rebellious and resistant to control, but if we make the attempt we can understand the needs of others and wisdom will prevail.
Many people who know nothing about astrology have often heard of the Saturn Return, and the very mention of the astrological Saturn causes those with the strongest hearts to quake in their boots. But Saturn is an amazing planet astrological that offers rich gifts along with its famous tests and challenges.
Scientists are still trying to figure out what causes the hexagon, where it gets and expels its energy and how it has stayed so organized for so long. They plan to search the new images for clues, taking an especially close look at the newly identified waves that radiate from the corners of the hexagon — where the jet takes its hardest turns — and the multi-walled structure that extends to the top of Saturn’s cloud layer in each of the hexagon’s six sides. Scientists are also particularly intrigued by a large dark spot that appeared in a different position in a previous infrared image from Cassini. In the latest images, the spot appears in the 2 o’clock position.
Because Saturn does not have land masses or oceans on its surface to complicate weather the way Earth does, its conditions should give scientists a more elementary model to study the physics of circulation patterns and atmosphere, said Kevin Baines, an atmospheric scientist at NASA’s Jet Propulsion Laboratory, Pasadena, Calif., who has studied the hexagon with Cassini’s visual and infrared mapping spectrometer.
“Now that we can see undulations and circular features instead of blobs in the […]
- Mercury conjunct Pluto late on the 6th and early on the 7th intensifies our thinking, and Mercury squares Saturn later on the 7th. Communication will be challenging, and we may feel somewhat burdened by responsibilities and limitations.
- Moon is extremely active on Monday the 7th, suggesting a heightened day of feelings and emotions.
- Moon enters Virgo on the afternoon of the 7th, and it becomes easier to embrace our sense of duty and obligation.
- Jupiter conjoins Chiron on the 7th as well, although this is a larger cycle of releasing the shackles of our old wounds.
- Moon enters Libra the afternoon of the 9th and a desire for harmony reigns.
- Sun trines Mars on the evening of the 10th bestowing positive energy and enthusiasm.
- Moon enters Scorpio late […]