- Moon begins the week in Aquarius – emotional detachment prevails.
- Lots of Venus this week! Venus in Scorpio squares Jupiter on the 23rd creating a fertile climate for social events; however, there is a possibility of broken dates (Jupiter) and demand for retribution (Scorpio Venus).
- Moon moves into Pisces on the 24th at 11:07 am bringing dreamlike wonder and mystery.
- The Sun forms a harmonious sextile to Saturn on the morning of the 24th. Focus and acuity are the gifts today!
- Venus squares Chiron all day, peaking near midnight – watch for hurt feelings and the necessity to go deep where others are concerned.
- Venus trines Uranus on the 25th – break out of your routine and look for the unexpected.
- On the 26th (Thanksgiving in the US) Mercury trines Mars, limiting the number of arguments that are likely when families get together.
- On the other hand, a square from Venus to Neptune suggests that unrealistic expectations may create some problems.
- Moon enters Aries late on the 26th, and for a few days it’s all about ME and that’s a good thing.
- Moon enters Taurus early on the 29th, bringing with it a need for luxury and delicious foods.
- Mercury is sextile Chiron on the 29th culminating late in the evening bringing greater wisdom to our emotional world.
Saturn is the planet that defines limits and creates restrictions and boundaries; it inspires self-doubt and the knowledge that hard work is required in order to achieve our goals. Wherever we find Saturn, there is work to be done (hence the term the Lord of Karma). Saturn has just entered Libra, the sign of beauty, relationships, and those things upon which we place value. Here it is challenging us to confront (Saturn) any romanticized (Libra) ideals that we hold which are not firmly grounded in reality.
Pluto (yes, Pluto is still a planet for astrologers!!) is the Lord of the Underworld of power, darkness, death and rebirth. Pluto rules the kind of transformation that begins at the cellular level, where everything is dismantled and something completely new arises in its place. Pluto entered the sign of Capricorn (the sign that is ruled by Saturn) in January of 2008 and proceeded to destroy the financial and governmental structures (Capricorn) that were weak and lacking a solid foundation.
Just like the four phases of the lunar cycle, in which the Sun and Moon dance from the New Moon (the conjunction) through the first quarter square, to the Full Moon (the opposition or 180 degree angle) and the closing square, planets engage in a similar dance that we call the “synodic” cycle. The cycle of Saturn and Pluto coincides […]
I am on vacation until November 12th and will try to post as internet access permits. Meanwhile I am reposting some interesting articles from the past and since Mars will soon be turning retrograde it’s worth a re-examination.
Yesterday in a reading the subject of Mars came up. This particular client has Mars in Sagittarius, which does not care for anger at all. Mars in Sagittarius wants to leave the scene of the angry situation and head off for a more entertaining adventure. But what really is anger, and how does it come about?
When we think about anger as being rooted in Mars energy, we see that anger is just one way for this energy to be expressed. Anger usually comes about when the other potentialities of Mars are hindered in some way. Mars seeks to set boundaries and establish good defenses, and it is usually when those defenses are violated that we find ourselves feeling angry. When we submerge or mute that angry response in some way, the energy of Mars lingers and is transmuted into rage, which can lead to a host of physical ailments such as headaches, intestinal disorders, etc.